Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Second Recording Day

In the hours after my first session, the work I'd done triggered ideas for a song structure that I got excited about. I even heard a good guitar solo in my head. So I made more progress that day than I thought.

This morning I recorded riffs for a different song that I've been practicing for several months. It had lyrics, but I didn't like 'em, so I'm gonna turn it into a different song.

Then I went back to the first song and plugged in some floor stomps and tambourine hits. I came up with a percussive rhythm that works, but it's not as exciting as the one in my head, so there's more work to do there. But that song's comin' along, and now I can actually press play and hear something that sounds decent.

I'll be on a business trip this weekend, so I have a week off from recording. Next steps are to fill out the first song with more structure and make it into a whole backing demo track. Then I'll do the same for the second song.

No comments:

Post a Comment