Saturday, January 26, 2013

First day of recording

Things went ok this morning. I recorded the riffs I'd practiced for one song until I got some pretty good samples. I made up a bass line, too. Then I had a short jam session and played around with some ideas for the song. I even did some percussion on the guitar body.

This song doesn't have any structure yet, so it needs a ton of work. Now that I have a lot of the basic sounds in my computer, I can use software to try and create a framework. Once I get something brilliant in theory, I'll be able to play the song on guitar with the structure in my head. Then I'll have something I can sing along with. I think it'll work.

Tomorrow I have to get up early so I can get a ride to the church, where I lead worship with the kids once a month. But on Tuesday I'll work on a different song that actually does have some structure. Then I'll have lots of stuff in my laptop that I can play with when I find some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment